Choosing the Right BOLT Lock
BOLT Locks are designed to work with vehicle ignition key. Once you get your lock, you simply insert your key into the lock, and turn it till it stops, and it codes to your key.
But how do you know that you have the right lock for your vehicle? We have locks availble for Ford, GM, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Toyota and Nissan, spaning over the last 20-25 years, and they all have different keys. Here are easy ways to tell which locks is compatible with your vehicle key.
Check the color coded packaging. Each make is colored coded to tell which line of locks is for what brand. You can check out the list below for the breakdown! See step two afterwards for choosing the correct color for your make.
- GM is color coded in Purple, Yellow and Green
- Ford is color coded in Brown and Blue
- Jeep is color coded in Light Blue and Pink
- Toyota is color coded in Red
- Nissan is color coded in Orange
Once you've found the color/s available for your vehicle make, you then need to choose the correct color, if your model provides multiple color options. You can do this by holding your key up to the packing and comparing the grooves on your key to the one pictured on the packaging. You can also use this method to double check your key compatibility even if there is only one color option available. You can check out the list below for the breakdown.
- Purple- GM early, working with GM keys with the groove on the bottom
- Yellow- GM Late, working with GM keys with the groove on the top
- Green- GM Center Cut, working with GM keys with laser cut down the center
Note: If you have a key fob for a push button start vehicle, your key is compatible with our GM Center Cut locks.
- Brown- Ford, working with Ford keys with the groove on the top
- Blue- Ford Side Cut, working with Ford keys with the laser cut down the side
- Teal- Ford Center Cut, working with Ford Keys with the laser cut down the side
Note: If you have a key fob for a push button start vehicle, and you have a side cut key, it will be compatible with our Ford Side Cut locks.
Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram Models
- Light Blue- working with Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram keys with the groove on the bottom
- Pink- Jeep Center Cut, working with Jeep Keys with the laser cut down the center
- Red- working with Toyota keys with the groove on top and bottom
- Orange- working with Nissan keys with the groove on the bottom
Verify you have the correct lock using our "Find your Lock" tab. Enter your vehicle's year/make/model informatoin and it will provide all of the locks compatible for your vehicle.
Have any questions, or can't seem to find your vehicle?
Email us at email@example.com