JK Hood Lock Installation
May 14, 2019•
Your JK Hood Lock Kit Comes With:
- JK Hood Lock
- 6 Plastic Snap Screws
- 4 1/4" Rivets
- Instruction Sheet
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Rivet Gun
How to Install your Jeep JK Hood Lock
- First remove the lock's warning sticker and remove the key ring (if applicable) from your vehicle ingnition key.
- Insert your key into the lock cylinder and turn once clockwise until it stops. The lock is now coded to your key.
- Test the lock a few times before installing it.
- During the installation, keep your key inserted in the unlocked positon.
- Open your hood, and use the flathead screwdriver to remove the 6 plastic snap screws on the top of the grille.
- Pull the grille forward and down to unhinge the snaps along the bottom.
- At the center of the grille, remove the house clamps, and position the hood lock in the center behind the hose.
- Align the JK Hood Lock with the Jeep's existing mounting holes on the vehicle's frame.
- Use the rivet gun to rivet the lock into place, starting with the two front rivets, and work your way to the top rivets.
- Reattach the hose clamp and position the grille back into place by using the 6 snap screws provided. Then close the latch hood shut.
- Turn your key to the right to lock your JK Hood Lock.